Monday, February 21, 2011


So many time I hear people tell me what they can't do, but very seldom do they tell me what they can do. So I have to wonder.....can they do anything?

Sunday, February 20, 2011


I have often wondered how some people think that being rude is the way to do things. A person that I know, and I have to admit I do not know what her private life is like, nor do I need to know. However, she does deal with the public, and with the public that I have seen her deal with she is very cold and comes off as a smart ass many times. This is someone offering a service, but I have to wonder, ''when did customer service'' go by the wayside. When did treating people as you would like to be treated get lost in everyday life.

Things to ponder and things to think about.

Saturday, February 19, 2011


Today someone at our meeting came up to me and thanked me for caring enough to email and ask them where they were last week. It seems this person was ready to throw in the towel and give up on herself, but all she needed was someone to notice that she was missing and to tell her she was missed.

You were missed. How powerful those three little words can be.

Friday, February 18, 2011


I have no doubt at all, that I am the world's worst blogger. This is why I have fallen so behind in updating and such. So this morning I thought I'd come by and try my best to remedy this. So here goes.

Several months ago I seemed to have gotten on the Struggle Bus and taken it over where my weight loss journey is concerned. Last year at this time I was recovering from a hip replacement, my second one in two years. Things were moving alone, then in May I began to have pain in my left hip, the one I had done in 2008. So went back to the doctor, had a bone scan done, an MRI, nothing showed up. So I began to think, ''this is just all in my head." So I continued to go to the gym five days a week, but still I was not able to hold out on the elliptical as I have been able to do before. So I ended up slacking off on my exercise. Even just walking was not an option due to I have this place on the top of my foot that burns and stings, and other than Arthritis I have no idea what that problem is from. So long story short, I have been struggling, but who doesn't struggle at some point and time. For me, this had helped to replace 16 pounds back on me that I so don't need. Pushing me over my goal weight by six pounds. So fast forward to right now. I have found out the hip does have a problem, its coming lose from the socket. Have no idea why this is, but it has also formed cyst there as well. So surgery is in my future yet again. Now I need, and want the problem fixed, I just did not know it was going to be such a drastic So many questions I have for my Orthopedic doctor, one of the main ones is....I have two other replaced joints, is this going to happen to those as well???

But even with the weight gain, and frustration of all of this, I have not given up. I am back on track and in the past two weeks have lost 11 pounds, all without stepping foot in the gym, I do my daily stuff, which at times can be overwhelming, but being a full time caregiver, you do not get time off just because your in pain. Which at times is good that way I am not thinking of the pain, I'm just doing what has to be done.

So all in all, life is a challenge, but come on, whose life is not a challenge? We all have something or many somethings in our lives that cause us challenges, the main thing is to never give up. We have to just forge forward.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011


Over the years I have found trying to be perfect at just about anything is a waste of time. However doing something well 80% of the time and leaving 20% for screw ups, may work better.

No matter how old we get, we still need to be open for new ways on doing things. Whether it is on our weight loss journey, our relationships or life just in general.