Thursday, February 4, 2010

02-04-2010...Thursday

One week to go before I get my hip replaced, and I am here to tell anyone and everyone....I AM SO READY!!!!!!!!! I can't exercise, even walk without so much pain its maddening. I'm trying very hard to keep my eating at bay, and most of that is due to just being bored stiff. I have done well with the food this week, but I don't think I will see any downward movement in the scale due to the inactivity. But, that is okay, I just have to keep reminding myself, ''this is just a temporary problem", one that will soon be fixed and with my PT and all, I will get back into the swing of better health.

We are being told we will have snow again by Saturday morning here in Kentucky, so have no clue if there will be a w.w. meeting or not. If I don't weigh in this Saturday then I won't be able to weigh in until after my surgery and when I can get back to the meetings. Can't plan on taking in a different meeting next week due to being so busy with last minute stuff before going to the hospital on the 11th. So we shall see how this all pans out.

Hang in there, and try and make it a great day.

1 comment:

  1. That is the spirit Joan... Bring it on! Your mentally ready and the scales can wait!

    My good friend is getting a toe removed on Saturday and she gets wed in 7 weeks time!! She will spend much of the run up to her wedding in a wheelchair to keep the weight off her foot so she can walk down the aisle. She is worried about weight lose, lack of exercise and I tell her..

    Just be extra careful with what you put in your mouth! Don't beat yourself up. Relief is on the way in your operation.

    All the best to you Joan.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete