Monday, February 8, 2010

02-08-2010....Monday

Thanks Julie, for the thought. I feel sure this surgery will go well due to the other two I have had went really well.

This weeks topic at Weight Watchers is going to be about putting ourselves first. Is it not funny how we can put everyone ahead of ourselves and then we get so pissed off cause we begin to feel as if we are being taken advantage of. Well guess what??? WE HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME FOR THAT ONE BUT OURSELVES. Now does that just not ''bite'' big time.

I was brought up in a household that was male dominated. We females in the family were considered never to have our own opinions, but were to do as the men folk said. Trust me, that just did not work well for this female at all. I was the one that bucked the system, constantly I might add. I decided at a very young age I was not to be anyone's doormat, and I tell people all the time, ''if you lay down, then you are inviting people to walk over you." At some point in our lives we have to decide, ''I am worth the respect I deserve." However, we cannot expect respect from others until we learn to respect ourselves.

Today do something to put yourself first.

1 comment: