Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday...06-16-2010

Last time I was by here, I was very frustrated with life in general. Being a full time caregiver, and trust me I know I am not the only one that does this, but there are times I just get so overwhelmed, and felt as if that is all anyone in the McAdams family cares about is my taking care of Bob. No one ever offers me time away, and I have to wonder, if these people need a break from their jobs that actually pay money, then why on earth would they not realize I need a break as well due to being stuck in the same place with the same person day in and day out. I find all this very interesting, and I'm sorry because they are ''men'' that excuse is just so worn out, its not even funny.

I had a hip replaced back in February, as soon as I came home, the one and only son that was here in town at that time scattered like a roach when the lights are turned on. No phone call at anytime asking if things were going okay, no offer of coming out to help a bit. I just still find all of this hard to understand.

However, Bob does not ask them to give me a break either, but I do understand his reason better then I understand theirs. Bob knows the care I give him, but he's never sure about what kind of care he will get from his sons. I never leave and am gone more than 1 hour at a time, does not matter if my errands will take longer, I call, check in, or even come back by the house to make sure alls well.

I don't need a pat on the back, but I do need some consideration, and I really don't think that is asking all that much.

Venting taking a pause for now.

1 comment:

  1. You are not asking for too much as carers require and need restbite to be able to continue.

    God Bless bob and you and I forgot to say how blown away I was by your "before" and "after" picture below. What an amazing achievement Joan considering everything you have had on your hands too!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete