Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June 2, 2010....Wednesday

"If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again." Flavia Weedn

We have all had dreams from time to time and those dreams do change as we get older. Being overweight from the time I was in second grade, it seemed the only dream I seem to ever have was ''wanting to be thin enough to wear the cute things my best friend Anna was wearing." Of course that never happened, did not matter how much I wished for that, or my Mother tried to make me want it bad enough to push myself away from the table. All through grade school, back then we had no such thing a middle school, and all through high school, I felt and wished ''I was one of the small girls." Well it didn't happen until 40 years later, but hey better late than never, and even though my dream had been broken many times into a zillion pieces, I did pick one of those pieces up, and very soon, as a matter of fact June 6th, I will be able to celebrate one full year being at or below my goal weight!!!!!
Our dreams are our wanting more for ourselves, and it took a long time, but I finally got what I wanted for myself. I should go look up my childhood friend Anna, and see how she is doing, wonder if she can still wear those ''cute'' dresses.
Back then I wanted to be able to wear the cute things, and it never happened, today I do this for my health, the smaller sized clothes are just....dare I say it....the cherry on top.
You have your dreams, and whatever they maybe, never, ever let anyone try to take those dreams from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment