Friday, April 30, 2010

4-30-2010...Friday

Have you ever wondered about people? I know I sure do. Everyone knows what a struggle I have always had with my weight, but for whatever reason, they feel the need if they want to bring me something, it has to be a food item. You know, bring me a book of stamps, a nice card, heck bring me a rock, but please people do not bring me food.

I have often wondered, if I had lung cancer from smoking too much, and let me add right here and now, never have smoked, and so glad that is a habit I did not pick up, but would these well meaning friends bring me packs of smokes? I would hope not, but you know I still have to wonder.

People never cease to amaze me.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya sista!

    In my old job people would reward me in Chocolate and I would say " It is because of that I am in the fine mess I am now"
    They would just laugh... and I would want to cry!
    It takes me all my energy NOT to eat candy, not to buy it so when someone gifts it I used to think I HAD to eat it as it is a present.

    I ended up thanking them and giving it to someone else the day after..someone who didn't have a weight issue!

    Have a great weekend and keep up the walking!

    karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, when I began trying to get my body in some sort of shape. The worst offenders of bringing sweet were our neighbors. Now they would say to me, ''well you don't have to eat it, its for Bob." Well, good luck with that idea. So I finally told each and everyone of them, ''if you come to visit, DO NOT BRING ANYTHING!!!" After a while of my sending their sweets right back home with them, they finally got the message.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete