Friday, March 5, 2010

03-05-2010....Friday

Good Morning all, sorry I have not been by to post anything in the past few days, but mercy I have been so busy.

I am doing 3 days a week PT, at the Nazareth Home, and that is going well. Also...drum roll here......I am driving now!!!!!!!!!!!!! Color me happy. I went back to see the surgeon on Tuesday the 2nd, and was told, ''when you feel ready go for it." So when my friend drove me home I asked her to leave the van in the parking lot and I began practicing. Now due to being safe I am not driving across the Watterson Expressway just yet. I feel comfortable doing the short trips around the neighborhood, but I really think to wait on tackling the Watterson is a wise decision, and my friend is more than happy to drive me, and it is a great way for she and I to spend some time together.

My PT buy (Dustin) told me that if I was ready I could go back to the gym, and do my exercises on the ballet bar there when I am not doing PT with him. Well, I thought about getting up and getting there at 5 this morning, woke up in plenty of time, but have to admit, the bed was warm and I thought, I'll wait. lol lol. So see, I am just like most people the warm bed won out, lol lol.
I have 3 more weeks of PT, and yesterday was exactly 3 weeks since my hip replacement.

One thing I would like to add here, it is amazing what you find out about people when you are down, some actually like to kick you while your down. There are so many people out there that do wear the ''two faces'', oh how I do not like to deal with people like this, of course I was not surprised, but I was still disappointed.

Thanks again everyone for stopping by. Tomorrow I will return for my first Weight Watchers weigh in since my surgery, so hoping there will be no surprises there.

No comments:

Post a Comment