Sunday, March 7, 2010

03-07-2010...Sunday

Our weight loss journey is like a blueprint. So many things have to be on that blueprint and here are the ones this person listed for their journey, but I have changed the meaning to suit my life.
1. A Vision: Without a vision or an idea in your minds eye what you want to look like or maybe what outfit your trying to fit into. How will you know where your headed?
2. A Plan: We talk about this so much...plan, plan. If we do not prepare ourselves and have a written plan down, then we are going to be like fish out of water.
3. A Timeline: This was the only one I did disagree with, due to every time I tried to put a ''timeline'' on getting to goal, everything seemed to suffer. I think for some a timeline works great, but I am more into very short timeline, sometimes those are just ''one day at a time."
4. Motivation: Where would we be if we did not have something or someone motivating us each day. With the pretty weather we have had the last two days, let me tell you that sunshine has sure motivated me to want to get out and do some walking, and to get back to the gym.
I think, no, I know, the best motivation I receive is from each of you, and our weekly meetings, this has been what keeps me going.
5. Ask for HELP: If you are struggling, don't be afraid to just say, ''hey, I need some help here." It maybe nothing more than talking about what is going on right now, sometimes having a new set of eyes and ears to share these things with can help one to see where they are missing the mark.
6. Good Resources: One of the best things that Weight Watchers has done (in my opinion) for us in sometime has been the ''Weekly Reader." In the beginning, my thought was, ''oh another thing to put in my bag and forget about." Not true, great information, and a recipe each week, now come on all that is good stuff.
Also if you have the e-tools, which I love, you can find recipes, go to the message boards, read those success stories. Our meetings are the number 1 resource that was have.
7. Persistence: Whether its Weight Watchers or some other plan, you have to be persistent. You have to work at it each and everyday by planning your meals, and making time for your activity.
When you put all these things together I think if your goal is to be, ''Thin In 2010" will become a reality.
Today begins a new week, so let us all begin this new week with a blueprint for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment