Wednesday, May 6, 2009

05-05-09

FAILURE IS THE CONDIMENT THAT GIVE SUCCESS ITS FLAVOR.
Good Morning W.W.F.F.,
I hope everyone's Monday went well. Wanted to throw this out this morning. I know some will find a meeting to attend at some point this week, but our Mama Clare had a thought and I wanted to just throw it out there. Clare made the suggestion that all that wanted to meet at the Ballard track to get in a walk. Walk at your on speed so if your slow, and if I were getting to be there, I'd be the ''turtle one" then make a plan. I think this is such a great idea and I only wish I could join in with you all on your walks, but I have a time schedule with Bob, and that is ok too. So if anyone wants to get together at some point on Saturday morning, LET IT BE KNOWN.
I have been the last few days going back and looking at my old pictures, and I have thought many time, ''how did I get to where I am today". It would be very easy for me to say, "I got there all by myself". Which by the way would be a whopper of a lie. I've gotten as far as I have due to Jenny never giving up on wanting me to join Weight Watchers in the first place, I have gotten as far as I have due to Bob has been no doubt the most supportive husband anyone could have. I say that about Bob due to most times you hear of husbands asking the question, ''what do you mean you can't eat that, what's the big deal"? I know men like this. I could not have done this without the support of all of you, and especially the 3rd. row. Way before now I would have thrown in the towel and gone back to the eating habits that had me at 272.2 when I joined Weight Watchers.
I did set out to fail when I joined Weight Watchers. That is the way my mind had been programmed to think. I had always been overweight, both my Grandmother's were overweight, I had no will or want power. Oh and my all time favorite, which I still hear today, ''Weight Watchers does not work and it is so expensive".
The morning I walked into the doors at the church, my only thought was, ''here we go again, wonder how long I'll last at this"? I have surprised myself, no actually, I have shocked the snot out of myself. I have failed so many times, but I think it was the failing that has gotten me to where I am at this moment, and that is knowing, ''ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE". No matter how much weight anyone has to lose, and I won't say to anyone ever again, ''if I can do it so can you". Yes, you can do it, but only if you want it bad enough. Is your life going to change when you get to your goal? I don't look at it as my life is going to change as much as I look at it as ''I have changed", my thinking has changed, my attitude has changed, and I have after all these years realized I have always had a story, and now I'm working on a happy ending. So ask yourself, how is my story coming alone?
Wishing Everyone a wonderful day,
Hugs from,
Joan on the 3rd. Row.

No comments:

Post a Comment