Monday, May 4, 2009

IT'S TIME.

TIME TO GET BACK TO WORK.
Good Morning W.W.F.F.,
Toni, hope you found things a bit better in Indy. Rhonda, have a great trip and tons of fun.
The weekend is over, the Derby is behind us, now its time to think about Mother's Day, vacations, graduations,and no doubt several birthdays thrown in there. I think now is a great time to start planning. Is this going to be the Summer of having food consistently pushed at you? Probably if you leave the safety of your own home this will happen.
In a few short days I will be leaving on my first vacation in two years. Going to Oregon, will be gone nearly two weeks, and for those of you that are worried about Bob, Kevin and Marc will be here. I could look at this as a time, to let loose and eat my way across all the states I'll be flying over, and there was a time I would have done just that. However, in the past 13 weeks, I think I have probably worked harder at the program than I ever did in the beginning, and I don't want to go backwards.
As I mentioned yesterday I have had a consistent loss for the past 13 weeks, then I found my cards from the very beginning, I went back and when I joined W.W. in 2005 I went 31 weeks before I had my first gain, and that gain was .4. That was the week Bob fell in the shower. When I gained that .4 then I began losing here, gaining there. I don't want that to happen again. Oh I'm sure I'll have a gain at some point, but I think ,and I hope I have matured enough with the program and with myself to know ''its not the end of the world".
Someone said to me once, ''its taken you this long to lose your weight". Yep, but any other time I would have already stopped all together, put what weight I had lost back on and it would have brought friend, and by now in 4 years I could be weighing 400 pounds instead of 185.4. I still say it doesn't matter how long it takes you to get the weight off, the trick is to stay with it until you get the result you are looking for and continue on.
I still cannot visualize myself thin, so what I do now is I visualize the number I want to see on that scale. So far, so good. We have to remember WE ARE WORTH THE EFFORT, and if we don't do this ourselves and for ourselves, we are so short changing ourselves.
If last week was a bad week for you, don't allow it to spill over into this week. If you need to go to a meeting sometime this week, go to the w.w. website put in your zip code and find a meeting. Call a friend, do whatever you need to do, but DO IT.
Have a great day everyone.
Hugs,
Joan 3rd.Row

No comments:

Post a Comment