Monday, May 11, 2009

Choice or Chooser? Which are you?

We Are Free Up To The Point of CHOICE; Then the CHOICE Controls The CHOOSER.
Good Monday Morning W.W.F.F.,
I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day, the weather was just perfect. For me not to be a real Mother, and I say this only cause I never had a hand in rearing Bob's sons, and I can only guess that is one of the many reason they turned out so well, my day was wonderful.
Do you want to be the one to make the choice of what you do today OR are you going to allow your choice to control you? I think we allow the latter to happen more times than we realize and the best example I can come up with or maybe its a question that needs asking. But, just because it was Mother's Day yesterday did you throw caution to the wind?
I was afraid I might, due to more than it being Mother's Day, but I leave this week on vacation, and we all know how our minds can get when we know we are not facing that scale for a couple of Saturday's. My first test came last night. Leslie and Kevin offered to bring dinner which not only was very sweet of them, but it was pizza and if anyone has ever seen me around pizza, well it is not a pretty site. However, that was the ''OLD'' Joan's way of thinking. The ''NEW'' model Joan took steps to make sure her eating did not turn ugly. I had one slice of pizza, it was a large slice, but it was only ONE slice. I had it on a small saucer, I ate it slow, I chatted with our company, and I never went back for anymore pizza. Not only is this a N.S.V., but it is a miracle due this could have and not too long ago would have un-done everything I have worked so hard for these past 15 weeks.
I was the in control of my choices. I had healthy food for both breakfast and lunch, with healthy snacks thrown in there just for a little extra protection. It all worked out. Now I'm heading out on Wednesday for Oregon to see my TISSter (not a real sister, so she is a TISSTER). I have my plane food decided on, Nance and I know we are going to have some days that we will be eating out, but we have both agreed that we can share the huge portions we are given, or we can bring it home for another meal. We both realize we have been working too hard to mess up now.
It's all about choices. We are in control of our behavior. Sure there are going to be special events, but enjoy the event, don't allow yourself to do what I always have done in the past and that is stuff myself until I am in a stupor, and don't even remember what I was celebrating in the first place.
Last night was yet another new frontier for me. I had heard about this place called, ''being in control", but never thought I'd be going there. I highly recommend a trip there if you have never been, and if you have, a return visit maybe needed.
Wishing everyone a great day.
Hugs,
Joan 3rd. Row

No comments:

Post a Comment