Monday, May 11, 2009

Are you ready to do it well?? Mother's day 2009

ANYTHING WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING POORLY--UNTIL YOU LEARN TO DO IT WELL.
Good Morning W.W.F.F., and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the Mom's out there.
After yesterday's Weight Watcher meeting I began to think about why it has taken me so long to finally get it through my head that, I had to change my own way of thinking about eating and exercising before I was ever going to see the results I wanted.
So I guess I can say that I had been doing a poor job with my Weight Watcher plan, due to I wanted to rename it ''Joan's plan". Well, as all of you that have known me through out this journey, ''Joan's plan" just does not work. Oh I may have had a week that I would lose, but then that was followed up by two weeks of gaining.
What was it that clicked with me? I think I have told you all this before, but I can repeat myself, since I am getting to that age, ha. But, I began to watch what the ''skinny'' people were doing, and the one big thing I noticed about these people was, ''they are never still". They are always on the move, they are not sitting on the couch watching TV for hours, they are not sitting at the computer playing games, they are moving. So that was when it clicked with me, ''I NEED TO MOVE MORE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had never been able to get my eating and my activity to work at the same time. I could either eat healthy and do very little activity or I could exercise 5 days a week and eat like a lumberjack. I had convinced myself that, ''when I exercised I was more hungry". Found out it was not necessarily my being hungry, but thirsty. I always drank water when I do the elliptical, but usually just one bottle. Now not only do I drank the one bottle but as soon as I get off that thing, I"m at the water fountain filling it up again. I also take my water with me when I do the pool. So what I though was my being hungry turned out to my really being thirsty. Oh trust me, I have to have food, but I now look at the food as fuel. Fuel that will make my body run longer.
So what if you are doing poorly right now on your program. Just stay open to learning to do it well. Remember even though it feels like we put our weight on over night, we didn't, and it is not going to go off overnight either.
Stay Strong and Stay Focused.
Hugs to all,
Joan 3rd. Row

No comments:

Post a Comment