Sunday, May 31, 2009

What is your ATTITUDE??A

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Edith Sitwell
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
I failed to give a shout out to our Becky yesterday.....Becky where were you?? The weekend before was the yard sale. You were missed.
It was so great to see Michele back with us, even if you were back the week before, I didn't get to see you.
Denise, I know your out there give me a shout here, just to let me know your there.
I just love the above quote, and I just bet if we are all honest with ourselves we have been on the receiving end of being annoyed when other are doing well. Hey I have, not a pretty thing to have to admit, but when I was not following the plan, not exercising, NOT doing all those things that would help me get closer to my goal. Yes, it was very annoying to listen to all those that were doing everything the right way and the results were showing. It's only human to feel this way from time to time.
However, I had the choice, I could become one of those annoying people, and trust me I know I have, ha ha, or I could continue just being on the receiving end of being annoyed. I have to admit, the one annoying others is a much nicer place to be, ha ha.
It is so much about attitude. When I left on vacation, I and my TISSter began the planning in January of making a list of all the places we were going to eat out, and all the food she was going to make for me while I was there. Two of those foods were going to be homemade cinnamon rolls and homemade bread. Can we say poundage packer on'ers?? Now remember, this was in the beginning when I was on the ''I'm being annoyed by those successful W.W. people", then it clicked with me, that ''I don't want another year of setting in the meetings each week, losing a pound, gaining two pounds". I removed head from butt, began to do the program like it was meant to be done, and as you all know I am a walking testimony that the program works, but you have to have the right attitude, and that attitude is, ''I can do this, I will do this, and nothing is going to get in my way"!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounding a bit cocky, yeah probably, but why not sound that way. Since January 10 of this year as of yesterday I have lost 24.4 pounds. I had to up my exercise, I had to get out the measuring cups and spoons, I had to learn to listen for that ''sigh" knowing to stop eating and move on.
Now back to my eating while at my TISSter's. Nancy and I both agreed that we did not want to mess up the progress we both had made. I was very blessed that she has an exercise room and a wonderful place to just go take walks. When I left Nancy was below the 200 pound mark, and my loss of .2 was a thrill for me. This vacation could have totally gone the other way, but Nancy and I had the right attitude, and we were there encouraging each other, knowing how proud we would be when we could look back and say, ''my pants are not too tight".
Do you need an attitude adjustment where your weight loss journey is concerned? Something to look at and think about. Today is a brand new day, if you had an off the chart eating day yesterday, don't allow it to follow you into today. Be strong and remember WE ARE SO WORTH THE EFFORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs to all,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment