Monday, November 2, 2009

11-02-09...........Monday

"If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one."
Cavett Robert
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Talk about a beautiful day yesterday, oh my. It was cool, crisp with bright sunshine, just can't get any better than that. However it was dark before 6 p.m. last night. But, that is okay too. Wanted to report also that I made the Pumpkin Black Bean soup yesterday, it is good, but to me it still needs something. Leslie and Kevin were out last night, and Kevin said he thought the soup was good, but Leslie agreed with me that it needed something. The recipe called for vegetable broth, and that was what I used, but I am wondering if the chicken broth would not have given it more flavor. My next attempt will be the creamy sweet potato soup that Cara gave us the recipe for. BTW, if anyone wants the Pumpkin Black Bean soup recipe just let me know.
So what N.S.V. do you have to report today. Well, since I am the first one up this morning, and I'm am writing this, I will share my N.S.V. for yesterday with you all. My N.S.V. was, I had no cakes, cookies, candy, nothing on the line of empty calories. I am so proud of myself, that I nearly pulled my shoulder out of its socket patting myself on the back. There were a few times yesterday that I was not sure if I could pull it off, but I kept telling myself, ''you have to, your never going to feel better until you get that crap out of your system." So as I said, I got in one full day of no empty calorie eating.
Have you lost your motivation? This is not the time of year to let that happen, so we are going to talk a little about that this morning. On e-tools there are several ideas that listed on how to get your motivation back, so today I chose a couple of those to touch on.
Celebrate the here and now, just get through today. No point in looking for trouble down the road, trust me it will find us without us looking too far. If you have a lot of weight to lose like I did, but even if you just have a few pounds to lose to get back to Lifetime status, don't look at the ''big scary picture." Instead take those pounds in little amounts. We all like to see big numbers for a loss on the scale, but we have to be realistic as well. Losing too much too fast, is first off not healthy, and secondly as a rule does not have that lasting effect we want.
We need to change our language. I went from, saying, ''if I ever get to goal." To saying, ''when I get to goal." You would be amazed at how just changing ''if to when'' made a difference in my over all thinking. I can't exercise, well if you can flip the TV channels with a remote, they you can exercise. Toni mentioned chair exercises on Saturday, when I was recovering from my surgeries last year, I was doing chair exercises, and I still find myself when sitting reading or watching TV, I am lifting my legs up and down. You would be amazed at doing leg lifts while sitting in your chair, lift that let and tighten that thigh muscle.
So let us know what your N.S.V. was yesterday, and if you did not or could not find one yesterday, then make today the day you begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment