Sunday, November 8, 2009

11-08-09.....Sunday, a new day, a new week.

"View your problems as opportunities. When it is dark enough you can see the stars."
Anonymous
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,

Have you ever felt like the water going down the drain? You know like the black hole in Calcutta? I think some of us are there, we feel defeated, we feel as if our weight loss journey is spinning out of control, and it may well be doing just that. But, and I can already hear those of you that are struggling, yelling at me, ''it's not that easy.!! Come on, do you really want to say that to the woman that has been doing Weight Watcher's for over 4 years, and that it has taken me a total of 11 years to get my weight off? I didn't think so. ha.
I digressed. As I said, you don't have to feel hopeless, you don't have to feel defeated. What we need to do is take a step back. Try and figure out just what it is that is eating us and causing us to eat everything we come in contact with.
We all have something that pushes our buttons, and you all know all too well, what has been pushing my buttons lately.
We begin our day so perfect, we are up, we go to the gym or get our activity in at home, we eat a healthy breakfast, we have our 9 or 10 a.m. snack, then noon or one-ish, we have lunch. Then something happens, and all of a sudden, there is nothing that is safe around us. In fact I have had days where the little kid on the sidewalk with his tootsie roll pop was not safe. For me, I get tired, and yes, I have to have a little nap during the day, after my nap I think I wake up bored, and then the grazing begins. So I have had to look for ways to stop the boredom, and have to tell you my walk in closet has never looked neater, haha. We have to look inside ourselves to see what is going on, some of us are caregiver's either for a spouse or our parents. Oh the stress that can go with that. We have to remember to take care of ourselves, and that does not make us bad people when we do put ourselves first once in awhile.
So new day, new week, the slate has been wiped clean. Tracking, Activity, planning, meeting's, reaching out if you need too. You will be amazed at how much help with ideas we can get from each other. Remember, we are worth the effort.

1 comment:

  1. I had to set some food boundaries. The foods that contributed to my weight gain had to go and I am so much better for it. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete