Thursday, November 5, 2009

11-05-09...Thursday

"A person's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time-pills or stairs."
Joan Welsh

Are we having any victories out there this week. I have heard of a few, but then things seemed to slack off. As for myself, I get to add another happy face to yesterday, I made it another day without sugar. Four days in a row. I am very proud of that. Have been to the gym each day so far, have dealt with the Bob-O-Bed situation here each day as well and have not succumbed to making bad food choices.
Ever notice how there are lots of people out there that had rather pop a pill for what ails them, rather than find a different alternative. Now don't get me wrong, there are health problems that you do have to take a pill for and nothing else will do. However,I do believe there are some ways to deal with our health problems that does not mean taking a pill. Exercise and eating right has a lot to do with our health benefits.
I will be the first to admit, I have at one time or another in my adult life listened to all the info commercials, read the ads anything I could find for a quick way to lose weight. I was, and part of me still is, so willing to pop a pill if it will make me lose weight, and give me a great body, without having to eat less or exercise. However, I am still waiting for that magic drug. I have a feeling that I am going to be waiting a really long time.
I don't have to tell you all that life is not easy, or even fair for that matter, but you know what? We are the only people that can determine what our life is going to be like. Same way with our weight loss journey, we are going to have good days, and there are times those good days seem so very few and far between, but we do have good days. The times that things are going bad we either throw our hands up in the air and say, "I just can't do this, I am destined to be fat and unhealthy the rest of my life." Or we roll with the punches and we dig our heels in and we are in for the long haul. In other words WE TRY. We show up for meeting's we talk to others about what is going on that maybe causing our jumping off the wagon. Instead we have this thing were we blame ourselves, we eat, blame ourselves some more, and then we stop showing up for meetings, and by now we are in holiday/eating mode, and we decide, ''I'll come back and start again in January."
If you are struggling now, and are dreading all the food that is going to be thrown at you in the next few weeks, here is my advice, and remember my advice is not always worth much, ha. But, hang in there, hang with us, so what if your not losing during the holidays, just don't quit. Each of us are strong, but as a group we circle the wagons and hold one another up, through good times and bad. So if at all possible be at the meetings, if you cannot make the one on Saturday, then go find another one to attend. We can do this, we can survive the next few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. misskarensinclair@hotmail.co.ukNovember 6, 2009 at 7:10 AM

    Joan.

    I love your blog and read it everyday!

    I am someone who is trying to turn my life/health around. At 33 years old I want to leave those bad habits behind and create a better "me" one that will last a lifetime!

    I read your blog everday ( I don't have my own sadly)

    Keep up the great work you are helping many people!
    Karen from Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, thank you so much for such a sweet comment. If you read my blog everyday, then you know it's 'all about me'' ha. Who else could I write about, I only know about my own feelings and struggles.

    I so admire you trying to turn your health around now at 33. I had been overweight my entire life, so at 33, wish I had tried harder.

    Thanks again,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete