Sunday, November 22, 2009

11-22-09.........Sunday before Turkey Day

"Behind every success is a succession of failures"
Unknown

I got out yesterday and not only ran errands for over two hours, each time parking in the furthest part of the parking lot, and began putting the Christmas lights on out little porch. I always think of that movie with Chevy Chase ''Christmas Vacation". Many times I felt just like Clark Griswold, especially since I am still looking for the timer I always use. I have torn this place apart trying to find it, I always have put it in a box, labeled " Christmas Cords", and left it in the storage area on the front porch. Have no clue, where it is, but it is not there. So I've been praying to St. Anthony (saint of lost stuff) and so far he has not come through for me either. So will continue on that course.
Anyway, back to Clark Griswold. If you have not see the movie, it is the best if you need to have a good laugh. Bob and I don't feel like it's the holiday season until we watch this movie. It's one of those movies that if it can go wrong, trust me it will. Just when you think old Clark is down for the count and all his hard work with those Christmas lights are for nil, well he has his success. Glorious success.
Isn't that pretty much how it is with our weight loss journey. I remember this time last year I was so ready to throw in the towel. I just could not seem to stay on the program, could not stay focused like I needed to do, but our part time receptionist Julie, who was there yesterday by the way, said this too me, ''Joan, don't give up hang in there Weight Watchers is coming up with some new stuff." All I could say was, ''it better be really good new stuff to get me to continue." I don't think it was as much of the changes in the program as it was a changing of myself that helped me to get to my goal this year. I have failed so many times, but this time I stuck it out and I succeeded. I was so close, but yet I was willing to throw all that aside and just give up.
We are going to fall, we are going to be ran over by a herd of ''whatever food is your downfall", but you know we just pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and we continue on. By the way, don't be too proud to ask for a hug, and Lisa S. is a really good hugger. :) Sometimes we just need to know someone else cares. This is one of the biggest draws to our meeting, people care. When good things happend to one of us, we all stand up and cheer and celebrate, and when bad things, sad things happen, we stand and cry right alone with them. We are family, we are the Saturday Morning 8a.m. Weight Watcher Family.
You may feel as if you are a failure at your weight loss journey, but just remember ''success can be just around the next corner." DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment