Tuesday, November 24, 2009

11-24-09....Tuesday

"How ironic that all that comfort food ended up making me feel uncomfortable."
From Dottie's newsletter

Okay, what a day yesterday was, certainly hope today goes a bit better. I say that when in reality the only major screw-up was Travis putting down in his appointment book that he was to clean carpet today instead of yesterday. So not only did I get to move the furniture yesterday, but I get to do it again today.....on the bright side.....activity points.
Love the quote this morning, and how true that is. Chocolate is comfort food, but then it breaks my face out. Yeah, I know they say chocolate does not do that, but it does, it also makes my heart palpitate. Bread fresh from the oven....no I don't bake bread, but if I did, look out, then we have the mashed potatoes, all that stuff that we call comfort foods. For everyone it is going to be something different. Comfort foods can be modified where the points value is not so bad, but then do we still consider that ''comfort" food? To me comfort food is whatever it was that our Mom's and Grandmother's made and gave us when we were sad. Homemade cookies, candy, cakes, anything with fat, sugar and salt.
Now I know for myself, that I feel so much better when I am working the program, eating lighter, tracking points, doing all those things that we know are good for us. So why on earth do we allow ourselves that misery of being bloated, being laid out on the couch like a beached whale. Answer:Cause it taste so good! Yep, that simple.
So not only this week, but we have a few more weeks being in the Bermuda Triangle area, so time to put on our Armour, get with our anchor's and hold on tight. The sea of holiday eating is only going to get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment