Sunday, November 29, 2009

11-29-09.....Sunday

"Another Sunrise, another new Beginning."
Huie
We are on our last leg of the Bermuda Triangle, and today I begin (yet again) the sugar withdrawal. Getting off all that sweet stuff. Someone told me ''it takes three days for the sugar to get out of your system", then it take three weeks to form a new habit....for me that new habit will be not consuming sugar. I just feel so much better when the sweets I consume are in the form of fruits or a sweet potato. Tomorrow I will also get started back at the gym. I took all last week off, but I still came in with 19 activity points for the week, but normally I will have around 35-40 activity points for the week when I go to the gym. So getting myself back to basics.
Let's do a little looking back this morning. I know, I'm always saying, ''don't look back", but this time it's okay to look back, cause I want us to look back to where we were before we joined the Saturday morning Weight Watchers group. Some of you may have been already in a good place with your weight, but for those of us that were not, let's look back to how our lives have changed. You can either share your change with the group or just write them down for yourself, something to refer to these next few weeks when things seem to be getting out of control.
I paid attention to something our Christiane (newest Lifetimer) said yesterday about ''she ate all day Thanksgiving day, she ate sliced up cucumbers, the yellow and red peppers, she grazed, but it was on all healthy green diamond foods. So yesterday I stopped at Paul's got me a English cucumber, some cherry tomatoes, and that was my noshing for yesterday. On one of those noshing's I even added 17 slices of turkey pepperoni, and yes, I counted it out, so I had a 2 points snack and my cucumbers and cherry tomatoes were zero points. It's amazing at how quickly that can fill you up.
Also remember if you don't have a hot air popcorn popper, then pop that popcorn in a brown paper bag. I have to admit, doing it that way just has a fresher flavor.
The next few weeks are going to be tough, but we can get through them. The good news is we are heading into the last leg of our journey in the holiday Bermuda Triangle. The holiday's are hard on my eating, way too much fat, sugar and salt out there, (F.S.S.) the three ingredients that I love the best. But, I don't want to go back to where I was this time last year and that was 215 pounds. So tracking, and that went by the wayside the last couple of weeks, exercise, getting back to the gym, and taking some time for myself. Those are the things I chose to work on this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment