Sunday, November 1, 2009

11-01-09..........Sunday

"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open."Thomas Dewar
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Yesterday I failed to mention that Betty and Lisa S. were missing. After leaving Weight Watchers yesterday, I kept feeling as if I had missed something, and it was Lisa S.'s hug. :) So Betty I am assuming your still traveling about, and I knew Lisa S. was not going to be there yesterday anyway. But, wanted you ladies to know you were missed.
Okay, thinking outside of the box, thinking with an open mind. This week, no actually last week began our full blown October through December party time. Now here is what we can do, we can struggle with the scale trying to lose weight throughout this period, OR, we can just maintain. I can see the motivation in some of us dwindleing due to the time of year. However, as a group we are very strong, and we can keep one another motivated. So what we are going to be looking for this week is N.S.V.'s (Non Scale Victories). The scale does not always do what we think or want it to do each week, some of that is our poor choices, other times it is our body fighting back. So here is what I would like for everyone to do. Look this week, each day for a Non Scale Victory.
I told you all about Sally's N.S.V. and the chocolate chip cookies. Well, and Dana I'm sharing your good news, our Dana last night the Halloween candy, she did not consume one single piece. Does not matter if that crunch bar had only 2 points, Dana knew that would lead to another, and as Dana said, ''with the w.w. math, that would have ended up 8 points." Maybe not 8, but you know Dana is so right, in Dana's eyes that 2 point crunch bar was just not worth what would happen next. Good job to both Dana and Sally.
What counts as a N.S.V.? In my eyes, anything that helps to keep us motivated and on track. Maybe you have not been parking further away when you go grocery shopping, well this week if you do park further away and have to walk the distance, count that as a N.S.V.
Maybe your going to try a new fruit or vegetable, or even trying to get in more fruits and vegetables, that counts as a N.S.V. as well. For me anytime I can say NO to something that I know is going to end up biting me in the butt, that is a N.S.V. So come on ladies, today is a brand new day. Sure we are still going to have to deal with the same old crap we deal with each and every day, for me it is still the BOB-O-BED, just don't get me started on that one. But, I figure the hard things, the stressful things we have to deal with on a daily basis, can still look and feel a little better if we take account of those thing we never even think about as victories.
So this week, each day strive for a Non Scale Victory, and let the rest of us know about it. You all know me I will be looking for some N.S.V.'s to crow about..
Brand new week, brand new day and we have two choices, we can either open our minds and begin to function, or we can close our minds and fall flat. We are strong as a group, we can motivate each other, so let's give it our best.

No comments:

Post a Comment