Tuesday, December 8, 2009

12-08-09.....Tuesday

"Good Things happen when you take action. Bad things happen when you neglect."
John Addison

This was sent to me by another blog site, I have and I just thought it was great. So today I'm sharing it with all that drop by.

1. My sleeping pills haven’t worn off yet – it’s medically impossible.sports-bra
2. It’s a blistering 70 degrees and sunny – I’m out of sunscreen.
3. There’s no proof that exercise works for me.
4. I’ll just monitor my diet.
5. Mmmm… couch.
6. I can’t find my favorite support garments.
7. My running shoes are old.
8. I am old.
9. I don’t want to miss a call from a huge blog sponsor and movie producer.
10. After I hit the Mega Millions I’ll put Jillian and Bob on Staff – so get off my back.

So yeah – we’re on it – today 20 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of pilates. Meet us back here tomorrow with ibuprofen.

We can all come up with a dozen excuses why we can't get up off our butts to exercise. Mine, since I've been married had always been, ''I have to take care of Bob." Ok, I am the caregiver, so that just means I have to get up earlier, if I want to workout before Bob gets up. So what is my reason's for not staying on track? I am still tracking, have been since Friday, but my portion's have been bigger than I really need. So if your just not motivated, I found a few things that might help us figure this out.
1. Try a short workout. A 10 minute workout is better than nothing at all.
2. Tray a new recipe, or a new food. Yesterday I tried something I have never, ever had, and that was a pomegranate. It was quite tasty.
3. Get that breakfast in. Remember, it is the most important meal of the day.
4. Drink your water. It is very important to keep ourselves hydrated.
5. Talk to other's, you may not know this, but I just bet someone out there has stumbled around with the same stumbling blocks as we have.
6. Track! Track!! Track your food!!! I don't know about you, but if I don't write it down, I don't consider it's been eaten.
7. Check out your progress. Look back to where you were this time last year. Are you in better shape? Are your clothes fitting better? If the answer is no, then you know what has to be done. If the answer is yes, but the scale is not showing you the number's you want, look at the feeling better and better fitting clothes as a N.S.V.
8. Share your goals with someone you trust. Even go as far as to write those goals down, and go back at least once a week to refresh your memory of what your working toward.
9. Take picture's of yourself on this journey. Before, during and goal pictures. That is the one thing I have done, that I am so pleased that I did. When I am feeling defeated, and in my sabotaging mode, if I just look at those pictures, they give me hope again.
10. Maybe we need to just start at the beginning again. We that have reached our goal, may well be thinking, ''now what do I work toward." Yep, I have ran into that as well. I think we as a group need to have a challenge going on. Have no clue what it should be, but if we put our thinking caps on, surely we can come up with something.
Our journey has been a learning process. The longer we are on this journey the more we should learn. Weight loss is a temporary thing, good health takes a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment