Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1, 2009.....Tuesday

"Some succeed because they are destined; others because they are determined."
Unknown

As I was reading the other day, I ran across an article asking, ''how has your life changed since you've lost weight?" Maybe that is what we need to be focusing on during our travel through the Bermuda Triangle, how far we have come.
Yesterday I had an appointment to see my Internist, nothing wrong with me, but since I had not been in to see her since Feb. she must have missed me, ha. So yesterday while the doctor was looking over my chart, she looks back to Feb.'s weight and then said, ''do you realize you have lost 32 pounds since I last saw you?" To be honest I did not know that. I knew I had lost quite a bit, but had never gone back to get a real total. So for that I am extremely happy.
So what are some of the things that are better for you, now that you have lost your weight. It does not have to be a lot of weight, but even a few pounds health wise makes a difference. So since I am no doubt the only one up at this time of day, I'll begin my list.
First off, I just feel better.
My belly does not even come close to rubbing the steering wheel anymore.
No heartburn.
My thighs don't rub together anymore, and if you have never had that experience then trust me, you are not missing anything there.
I used to park as close to any store I was going into, I now park the furthest away. Even at the gym now I part at the other end of the parking lot.
I exercise now because I enjoy it, and I don't look for excuses not to exercise.
Now those are just a few of the things that have changed since I havelost weight. Bet if you give it some thought you will be able to list some as well. Try it, you may well be surprised and inspired.

I think that is everything for today. Hope everyone has a great day. Almost forgot, I did get back to the gym yesterday, and I did 55 minutes on that elliptical. I was so looking for the one legged man to show up to inspire me, but he never did, so I was on my own, and I found the door to my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment