Monday, January 4, 2010

01-04-10....First Monday of the New Year.

I often wonder when people that know me, I mean really know me, ask me to give them a kick in the pants that they need that to get themselves back on track. Do they really want the kick in the pants that I can give them or do they want me to be nice? I don't do nice and kick in the pants, at the same time.

One of the things that nearly everyone I meet tells me, ''the first thing that attracted me to you was your honesty." Now I have to say my honesty has gotten me in trouble more times than I care to be reminded of, but if you don't want the truth do not ask me to ''be honest". A few months back I got caught in that trap by someone saying to me, ''I want you to be honest with me." When I was, not only did their feelings get hurt, but they got mad at me. However, they asked for the truth.

So people really need to be clear, there is either honesty or you want me to sugar coat it, and I can't do both.

No comments:

Post a Comment