Friday, January 15, 2010

01-15-2010.....Friday

When I was in my ''Sugar bowl" frenzy, and no I am not talking football here. But I had no positive outlook on anything at all. I did not realize that until I given the above quote. All I could do was look at the negative that was all around me. So I began to think, ''okay, I know the negative, but what was the positives during those days of the sugar bowl."
1. I continued to get up and go to the gym.
2. I continued the daily emails, being as honest with everyone as I knew how to be.
3. A Dear Sweet Weight Watcher Sister, smacked me around a little bit. She made me pull my head out of my rear end.
4. I talked about my binging. I did not crawl into a hole and was never heard from again.
5. I actually found a meeting to go to on Tuesday. At the time I didn't think it helped, but on Wednesday I was able to put my first Smiling face back on my calendar.
When things seem the darkest for us, is when we need to search for the light. Oh its very easy to moan and groan about what is going on in our lives, especially the not so great things, and we all have those from time to time. It is okay to visit that area, BUT it is very important that we do sign a long term lease.
Things are going to happen. Our day may begin just fine, but we all know how soon it can go in the opposite direction. The important thing is to be prepared. Look for the positive. Trust me the negative will always be easy to find.
Two things I accomplished yesterday that I am very happy about. I got all my outside Christmas decorations down, packed and stored away again, and this morning I added my second star to my calendar......TWO DAYS OF SUGAR FFFRRRREEEEEEDDDDDDOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!
From Saturday afternoon until Tuesday night, was bad for me, but I will get on the scale tomorrow, not that I have to, but because I NEED too.

1 comment:

  1. Great honest post Joan... being honest makes us "lighter"!

    It is important that you recognise that once we are knocked down...by sugar... we dust ourselves off and get back up again!

    have a great weekend!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete