Sunday, January 24, 2010

01-24-2010....Sunday

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not. James Gordon, M.D.

Yesterday after I got home from our meeting, I knew I had to go to the grocery. Trust me never the place I want to go, but have to do the dirty deed ever so often. Not feeling good, my first thoughts were, ''I need a treat to make me feel better." My second thought and I'm not real sure, but it was either Dana's or Cara's voice in my head saying, ''do that and I'll slap you." ha ha. So I got what was on my list....nothing else and walked away feeling good about myself, and then after I found the above quote, I did realize it is not as much about ''willpower" as it is ''want-power". There is a big difference.
All of us have gone on and off diets. If we had not tried and failed so many times most of us would have never met one another. ha. But anyone one of us that has been on a ''diet'' for even 30 minutes, then we had ''willpower'', but we never changed anything, we fell back into our old habits and traps so we didn't have what we needed the most and that was ''the want power."
I have seen the change in the thinking in our group, they have gone from ''wishing" to ''wanting." Getting thin in 2010, is not just a catchy slogan, but it is the sign of wanting. Wanting to see the goal, wanting to do whatever it is that needs to be done to get you there.
So if you have been struggling, for some time, if it seems that darn scale is just not doing what you want it to do, then stop, and ask yourself, ''how badly do I want this?" Then ask yourself the more critical question, ''am I willing to do what I need to do to make this happen."
As we all know each and everyone of us have things in our lives that we rather not have to deal with. Some of the things we may have control over, other things we just do not have any control, BUT what we chose to put in our bodies and how much we put in our bodies, then yes, we do have control over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment