Friday, October 2, 2009

10-02-09 Friday

The difference is what takes a little time; the impossible is what takes a little longer.
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Hope everyone is having a good week, and will be ready to face that scale tomorrow. Just remember, it is a scale, it has no feeling or consideration for our feelings. As we are told so many time, ''we are so much more than a number on the scale.''
Did anyone put a time limit on when they wanted to get to their goal? I did several times, and guess what ''I never met any of those time limits." The difference I made with doing the Weight Watchers program was losing the first 50 pounds, the impossible was actually getting below my goal that I had. I have always said, "if I had gotten to goal in the first year, I don't think I would have been ready to maintain." I think I had to "grow" before I would ever be able to maintain where I am today. I have wondered if that is why so many people do put the weight back on, if they got to goal, especially if they had a lot of weight to loss, during the first year.
I have heard so many people that made it to Lifetime status, comment, ''I was so sure, I could do it on my own, and I did not need those weekly meetings." I know for a fact that I am just one bite away from putting all my weight back on, plus more. This is why I feel so confident that I am going to be successful, I know I have to have my meetings. I have done a lot of growing up these past five years I've been doing Weight Watchers. Yes, like most of you, I have hit bumps, detours, even brick walls, but I continued on working toward that ''impossible dream." A dream that I still stand in front of the mirror and wonder, ''how in the world did you do this?" I think I will always question the reality, but I also think that may be my saving grace, in being able to maintain, is always knowing it did take a long time, and I don't want to risk screwing my success up, and going backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment