Thursday, October 8, 2009

10-07-09.........Wednesday

"The way to get started is to stop talking and start doing."
Walt Disney
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
The above quote packs a whollop for sure. How many times have we said, ''after this party, trip, whatever, I am going to really get down to some serious business with my weight loss journey?" I do not have enough fingers and toes to count how many times I have made myself that very promise, only to be in the middle of the next big event and I had still not gotten ''serious." Oh I could talk a good talk, I could even have myself believing I was going to do exactly what I had promised myself, and as a rule, got out of bed, and started the day off right, only to fall short by the time I got my teeth brusheds
Getting started is the hard, but staying there is even harder. Oh we may do quite well as long as the scale is showing up weekly lower numbers, but let the scale stop showing those lower numbers for whatever reason, and we soon become discouraged and here come the excuses to get off track again.
If last week you were not happy with what the scale showed you, then maybe it is time to ''stop talking and start doing." Make a plan, put that plan on paper, put your plan into action. Now I don't want to hear, ''I don't have time to do all of that." Sorry, if you have time to play a game on the computer, if you have time to read this, if you have time to go back for seconds, then you have time to ''plan''. Just think how good you are going to feel, not only about your eating, but about yourself, because you are taking the steps to take care of yourself.
STOP TALKING AND START DOING. Powerful words this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment