Friday, October 16, 2009

10-16-09........Friday

"Nobody ever did, or ever will escape the consequences of their choices."
Sometimes I think, free will and choices are not the best thing for us. Or maybe I should say its not the best thing for me. I think we all want to make the right choice do the right things, but there are times we are going to fall short. At the end of the day all we can do is look back and say, ''I have done the best I can." But then I think we have to also asked ourselves, ''Did I really do the best I could have?" There is always going to be something to throw us off track. We will find more reason's to beat ourselves up over a slip, that we will ever find reason's to pat ourselves on the back when we do good.
When we get up of the morning our choices determine how our day is going to progress. Now grant you, sometimes the choices we make are not of our own doing. For instance, what if you go out to get in the car to head for work or school, and you have a flat tire. Trust me, not a good way to begin the day. Not long ago, I got up ready to hit the gym at dark 30, only to get to the garage, and find my car battery was dead. Now that set my entire day off to a bad beginning.
There is no way we will ever be able to escape the occasional dead battery, flat tire, pint of B&J that we found hidden in the back of the freezer, nor will be ever be able to escape the consequences of the choices we make on how we are going to let these things control our day. All we can ever do is our best, and we all know when we have truly done our best.

No comments:

Post a Comment