Wednesday, October 14, 2009

10-14-09..........Wednesday

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month." Unknown
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
We have made it to the half way point today. As some of you know I won't be at the meeting this Saturday. I am leaving for Ruthann's on Friday, for a week of ''getting away.'' Never fear I would not leave you all without asking someone to take over the daily e-mailing, and Rhonda has agreed to take on the task again. Thank you Rhonda.
Are any of us guilty of placing the blame on something or someone else when we fall short of our own expectations? I know I have. For such a long time I blamed my Mother for my weight problem, and she was partly to blame, but only the part that she was a good cook. Well, then guess I have to blame my Dad as well, due to he was always fortunate enough to have a good job, which allowed us to have food on our tables, and in the Summer there was always a garden planted. Oh and I have to blame my older brother's as well, since I wanted to act like them, so therefore I began at a very early age of eating like a logger. Of course playing with dolls did not burn off the calories as working in the fields did.
So are you ever guilty of blaming people, places and things for the times you fall off the plan? It is so easy to do. Much better than looking in the mirror and pointing at ourselves and saying, ''ok, you screwed up." This morning it would be very easy for me to stay home from the gym due to it's 52 degrees out there. When in all honesty the truth is, ''I just want to sit here and drink my coffee." I could have continued to blame everything and everybody for it taking me over 4 years on Weight Watchers to finally got to my goal, but I did finally put the responsibility/blame where it belonged, and that was at my own doorstep.
I have to take a daily inventory of myself. When I am doing things or eating things that I know are going to be destructive to me and my goals, I have to stop and look at the one person that is truly responsible for the choices that I make each and every day. That person is ME. So is it time we stop blaming and start fixing? We are the only ones that can truthfully answer this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment