Thursday, October 8, 2009

10-08-09..........Thursday

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." Eric Hoffer
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
I hope everyone is having a good week, and you know even if your not, there still has to be something good you can find to celebrate. Even if it's, ''I ate a salad yesterday.'' I for one do fall short on counting my blessings, I tend to fuss and focus way too much on the negative side of things. Yes, you have read that correctly, ''Joan does fall into that negative trap just like everyone else." But, you know I have to do that at times, just to be able to slap myself back into reality and back to counting my blessings.
We go through life, getting caught up in "Life'', that we forget to enjoy the blessing's that we have each and everyday. The blessing's of a friend who just happens to call at the right time, the blessing's of someone that will say, ''thank you for just being you''. Instead we get all caught up in, ''oh my Lord, I ate 5 points more than I should." I have finally come to terms, with ''I am not always going to be perfect with my eating, and maintenance." But, I am counting those days that I am on the right track, and remembering I am blessed that I only hit that detour once in awhile, instead of being detoured most of the time.
Count your blessing's, sure they are going to be different than mine will be. It could be something as simple as, ''even though the laundry didn't get done, I still found clean undies in the back of the drawer." Our blessing's are out there, in fact, I am e-mailing 45 of those people that bless me each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment