Monday, October 26, 2009

10-26-09...........Monday

"If you don't want to do something, one excuse is as good as another." Unknown
Good Monday Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Welcome Home Lisa B. sounds as if your time in California was just what you needed.
Y'All have no idea how badly I just wanted NOT to get up and get ready for the gym this morning. I am such a creature of habit, and when I stop doing something it sure does not take me long to continue not to want to begin again. However, vacation is over, the gym is waiting for me, and I have no excuse at all for not going and getting in my exercise, and even though I know I am going to be huffing and puffing, and at times cursing that elliptical, when it's all over and done with I will be happy that I got up early and got my workout in.
Excuses, we can find a million and one of them for not doing something. Can't make it to Weight Watchers on Saturday morning it is just too early. Guess what, Saturday morning is not the only time there is a Weight Watchers meeting. Oh I know its not our meeting, but if you are really serious about your weight loss journey, then you will find a way. Never fear before too long our clocks will be turned back an hour so then Saturday morning won't seem so early, ha.
Here is the one of my all time favorite excuses. I have to cook two different meals, one that I can eat and one the family can eat. Yeah, I used to use that same logic, but then I got real and said, ''if you eat here, then you'll eat what I eat." So far no one has turned down a dinner invitation. The Weight Watcher friendly recipes that I use are great, and in this family we have one that I know the only time he eats anywhere near healthy is when he eats over here.
I think it has to do with we as women feel the need to ''serve" everyone else and their whims. Not so, we have to think of ourselves as well, and what will be best for us. Even now that I have downed my first cup of coffee, and by the way I make it extra strong, I am still searching for an excuse to go back to bed. I just bet that guy I have mentioned to you all before, the one with the one leg shows up at the gym this morning. I see him and I am ashamed that I have tried to wimp out on doing what I know is best for me. God's way of saying, ''Joan, off your butt and get moving."
We celebrated a birthday here last night. Bob's youngest son Marc, his birthday was on Friday. So we had dinner here last night. I made lasagna, spinach salad, and I did not bake a cake. Marc got a store bought cake, and I had planned on having a piece of it last night, but by the time the cake was being served, I had talked myself out of eating it. So for me that was my N.S.V. So far, I am back on track with my eating, and today will begin getting back on track with my exercising.
No excuses will be accepted here today, so get out there and make it a good day.:) You/Me/We can do this and just think how much better we will feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment