Saturday, October 24, 2009

10-24-09.........Saturday after the meeting.

Hey Sister W.W.F.F.,
Edi, Jenny, Lisa B., Louis, Michelle, Betty, Jana, Mary, Kathy F., Angie, Amy......you all were missed today. I know Lisa B. is in California, but where were the rest of you. Betty, are you still traveling??
What was the reason you joined Weight Watchers?
Feeling better
An upcoming event
Not wanting to buy that next larger size.
Whatever the reason maybe or may have been, we all joined for the same reason....to lose weight.
Weight Watchers teaches us the Good Health Guidelines, but it is up to us to put the action to those. So are you getting in those fruits and vegetables, your milk products, how about the lean protein, remember that will help to keep us from doing so much grazing, and last but not least our whole grains. All these together make up our healthy guidelines. So how can we make the Good Health Guidelines a habit? Well first off we have to be willing to change, and as we all know that can be really hard, but it can be done. Reading labels, making better choices, those would be my top two choices.
quote for the week: To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an act."
Today I weighted in as planned, and yes I was up, but no surprise, the amount was 5.6 pounds, and ever notice how fast we can put weight on, but how slow it comes off. Well, I had my indulgences, and I know for a fact that I am not nor will I ever be cured of the vicious cycle of poor eating. Yesterday was the first really good, on track, food tracking day I had in the past two weeks. As I told Toni, when I weighed in the Saturday before I left the following Friday that was when my head was telling me....go for it...and that was what I did. I went for everything that I could get my hands on. I have learned another lesson here, but to say I will NEVER fall victim to those bad habits, well, I would be just kidding myself. I can just hope it will be a really long time down the road before I fall as hard as I did the past two weeks.
So no need for me to beat myself up as of yesterday I am moving on, I will get back down to 168 and it will take time. I'm worth the work it will take.

No comments:

Post a Comment