Thursday, October 1, 2009

October 1, 2009.....Thursday

"Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure."Don Wilder
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F., (Weight Watcher Friends Forever).
Believe it or not, we have another ''new friend'' to add to our morning list today. Teresa C. I met Teresa yesterday while having my " Bare Escentuals" make-over done , which by the way, I had the most fun time getting that done. Welcome Teresa and feel free to jump in at any time.
Have you ever known anyone or even said it yourself, ''I can't eat on plan during the weekend due to "you fill in the blank". I think we all have used that ''excuse'', and that is what it is an excuse. We are no longer 4 years old,( even though there are times, I like acting like a 4 year old) and have to have someone telling us what we have to do, or what is best for us. When we fall off the wagon, normally we begin the ''blame game'', it is nearly always someone else's fault. Seldom do we ever just stand up and say, ''I feel off the wagon, just because I wanted too."
Yes, I moaned and groaned after Bob's birthday party, about drinking too much, getting into the box of See's candy, but you know what, no one held a gun to my head. Not one person had me tied up with a funnel in my mouth pouring the drinks down my throat, just like no one....other than myself.....got that sacred box of candy out and began to consume it.
I realized this a long time ago, but just never wanted to admit it, but ''when my week is going bad with the food, I don't have to do anything but look in the mirror and find the person that is responsible." Eating, exercising, trying to be more healthy is a big job, when we hit goal the real work begins, and that is maintaining while trying our best not to become to overwhelmed.
So here we are creeping upon the beginning of the three most food filled months, have you already bought bags of Halloween candy thinking ''I"ll get it early so they don't run out", only to find you've already torn into a couple of bags of the stuff? What excuse did you give yourself, ''those damn little trick or treaters", :). That is who I would blame. We need to stop and look at the excuses we are using, but in reality it all comes right back to...."I am the master of my fate".

No comments:

Post a Comment