Monday, July 20, 2009

Confidence & Ability

You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.
Rosalyn Carter
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Just wanted to let you all know Sally made it home safely, she called around 6 last night. She actually got home much sooner than she had even expected. Ruthann was going to leave this morning, but yesterday afternoon she finished up all the alterations, and decided, "I think I'll go home now, since I have to leave in the morning anyway." Have not heard from her, but I am sure she is home and sound asleep as I type. So it is just back to Bob and I, and back to our routine.
Do you have confidence in yourself? Or do you only have confidence in others? Believe it or not, I found out that others seem to have more confidence in me than I had in myself. I had, and have been told so many times, ''you may lose the weight, but you will no doubt be like everyone else and put it right back on." Of course these same people never thought I would make it to goal either. Well now, I wonder what they must be thinking now? ha
Just because I have made it to a number my doctor and I chose for me does not mean I am done by any stretch of my imagination. For me, and for any of my fellow Lifetime Sister's, you all know the ''real'' work is now at hand. We have to be diligent in not allowing ourselves to fall victim to "I am at goal so I don't need to go each week to the meetings." I really only have to weigh in once a month so I can relax just a little. I firmly believe those are the two thoughts that cause people that have reached their goal to end up gaining the weight back. I don't use my bathroom scale here at home for anything but to weigh my clothes, so I will each week be sitting right there on the 3rd. row, I will be getting on that scale each week to make sure I am doing the things I should do, and I will continue to ask questions of my Sister Lifetime's. Why? Because I am confident in my ability to be a success and follow through.
Is it time for you to build some confidence? Today is as good a time to begin as any. I believe that each and everyone of us can become more confident in ourselves. One of the first things we need to do is STOP talking negative to ourselves. So what if you fall off track, get wrapped around the wheel and have been dragged through the muck and mire. Get up, powder the shine off your nose, and move on, whatever happened over the weekend, well, guess what, if it involved eating and or drinking, nothing you can do to change that now. BUT, today is a new day. Today you can have the confidence to do better. So ''JUST DO IT!!!"
Wishing Everyone a Wonderful day,
Much Love,
Joan

1 comment: