Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Don't want to be a know it all.

The easier it is to do, the harder it is to change.
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Hope everyone that needed to get back on track yesterday after the long weekend had success in doing so. Bob and I are so looking forward to having everyone over tonight that can be here. Bob said he would take a second nap today just so he could keep up with us. :>)
Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday? Now to be very honest I liked Oprah before she became so famous, but from time to time if I have tuned in to her program just to see what is going on. Yesterday was one of those days, and it turned out to be a re-run, but I had not seen it. It was about Oprah coming clean about her weight gain. The interesting thing, and I have seen this trait in others as well as in myself. But, when Oprah was 160 pounds, she showing off her uncovered belly, for me it has been showing off my butt, but, I keep it covered. :) Something she said did sound just like me, and I immediately looked over at Bob and said, ''I am surprised someone has not slapped the sap out of me." Oprah was saying how she, when she was 160 pounds, kept telling everyone, ''you can get up a half hour early to get your 30 minutes of exercise in, you can eat healthy without spending your whole day in the kitchen. Just things like that. Then Oprah put back on 40 pounds, her clothes didn't fit anymore, so she stopped telling people what they should be doing.
I do tell people that at times I have become worse than someone that used to be a 4 pack a day smoker. Oh you all have been around those kind, after they stopped smoking, they now look down on the people who are still smoking as if they have the plague. I have to admit, I have at times felt like one of those ''holier than thou" people.
I know what it feels like to be on top of the mountain of success, but I even have a much better knowledge of what it feels like being at the very bottom of that mountain of despair. I never want to become a person that when others see me, they want to run and hide due to , ''Joan will be preaching", but in the same token because I care, I want to help, and since I have over the years lost a small country in weight, I know it can be done. It is not that I know it all, far from that, but I do know the struggles, the times I've just wanted to throw my hands up and say ''well screw this, where is Russell, Ben & Jerry?"
I think where I am going here, is letting you all know that ''yes, I know I can be a pain in the rear when it comes to wanting anyone that has not gotten to their goal yet to get there", but I also know, I am just one bite away from being right back where I started from, and by knowing this it will always keep me scared enough, but mainly focused enough to work like the dickens to stay with in my goal.
So if I have offended anyone with anything I have ever written in my daily ''sister e-mails", I am sorry, but if it was something that made you stop and think, then no, I am not sorry. It is a long road, and just because you get to that magic number on the little metal box, guess what.....you are still not finished....you/me/we will never be cured. We have no pills to make this easier, we get no sympathy from others due to our relationship with food. It is a long road but with this group that I write to each morning, it is worth the trip.
Wishing everyone a great day, come with an appetite tonight.
Hugs to all,
Joan

1 comment: