Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday July 31, 2009

Fitness- if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body.
Cher
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
As soon as I find out where they sell exercise in a bottle........I AM SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Tomorrow we have to come face to face with that little metal box, that we allow to have the power to either make us feel really good about ourselves or to feel as if we are the lowest form of human life. So let us just remember a few thing here.
If the scale is up, we get another chance to work on what we didn't do this week and hopefully do better next week.
If the scale is up, and we have done everything, ''BY THE BOOK", then we need to just realize, ''my body is not ready to shed those pounds."
If the scale is up, that IS NOT the permission slip you give yourself to say ''to hell with it", throw in the towel and head for Graters.
If the scale is down, then you know you have been doing something that is working. So the idea thing here is just to continue on your good healthy path and continue to watch the numbers go down.
As you can see you get a whole lot more ''if the scale is up" stuff than you are getting ''if the scale is down". No one ever said this was going to be easy. The only guarantee this program comes with is, ''if you work the program the way it is suppose to be done, then you will see results." The amazing thing is they did not leave a line in there anywhere that states, ''Joan's way will work as well".
This week has been somewhat of a struggle for me, and what we refer to as 'mindless eating''. My eating has been healthy eating, but, I decided for now I want to maintain right where I am, so I did the test again on Saturday and to maintain, I had to add 4 more points per day. I can feel that I have gained. I don't even have to get on the scale, we can feel this. Even though I don't have to actually get on the scale tomorrow, I will. I have to know, even though I already know by the way I feel. But, if I don't face up to that little metal box then it wins, and I am so not into letting that thing win.
I have always allowed something or someone to be in control of my feelings and my thinking, but this journey and losing so much weight as taught me, ''no one or nothing can control me unless I allow it." I allowed the 4 extra points, and that is ok, this is also a learning process as well. I will still be well under my goal weight, and I have learned things this week, and, that is the important thing. What would really be sad is to have either a good week or a bad week and still not learn anything.
I'm off to the gym so will have my 5 days in this week at the gym, I have averaged at least 6 miles on my pedometer each day. I have stayed right with my 27 points, but have not touched any of my 35 or any of my activity points. As I said, it is a learning experience.
Also yesterday I was introduced to a new word instead of ''mindless eating" HEAD HUNGRY. When I saw those two words, I knew ''that is me, I am not hungry, but my head is".
Wishing Everyone A Wonderful Day,
Hope to See U ALL LIGHTER TOMORROW,
Much Love,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment