Friday, July 3, 2009

Use your Smarts.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Yes, later than normal today...I slept in. Taking today off from the gym due to I have several things to get done here today, and know I will be getting in plenty of activity. Have to say sleeping until 3:45 was not bad a all, ha ha.
Lisa T. & I went to the Thursday morning Weight Watchers meeting off Bardstown RD. It was a really good meeting, but not a lot of people there. I was up 1 pound, and I did feel as if I would be up, mainly due to I was weighing in 2 days earlier than normal for me. However, I am still 4 pounds under my goal weight and today ends the 4th week of my maintenance, tomorrow begins week 5. I am so close.
The leader yesterday when she looked at my card and wrote the weight down and realized I was on maintenance, she told me, ''you are doing really well with maintenance", so that made me feel good as well.
Of course our sweet Lisa always finds people she knows or they know her. Yesterday was no different, a young lady that sat in front of us, well she had gone to one of the schools that our Lisa had taught in.
This is no doubt going to be a weekend filled with maybe some travel, some friends and lots of food. So the quote for today I felt was very appropriate, not that I think for a minute if you over indulge that you are a failure, but don't we so many times when we eat more than we should or eat way too much of the wrong stuff, haven' t we many times thrown our hands up and said, ''what's the use?"
I don't think anyone becomes a failure at anything until they just completely stop trying. So just remember if the road is a bit bumpy this weekend, Monday is just around the corner. The kicker is to make sure you get back on track when Monday gets here. The other thing is to promise yourself, and if you have to do this in writing and sign it in front of a witness, promising yourself that you will be in control of what goes in your mouth. Whether it is food or drink, and ladies I don't mean water, ha. Then do that as well, it could be your contract.
As we all know there is always going to be something to throw us off track from time to time, the important thing is for us to be able to pull ourselves back up on that track and get rolling again. This is why I get up early every morning and send out my e-mail to all of you. Not only does it keep me motivated through out the week, but just maybe if someone is having a hard time staying upright on that track-just maybe something that is said will help them-it is a tough but if we stumble and fall we do know we have a group here that are ready, willing, and able to lift us back up and get us rolling again.
Helpful Habits:
Monitor yourself
Ask for help
Learn from experience
Prepare yourself
Take care of yourself
Manage your environment
Manage your feelings
Manage your thoughts.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day,
Hugs,
Joan

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post, Joan! Just what I needed before heading to the beach with the family where there will be tons of food! Thank you for your insightful words! Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete