Monday, July 27, 2009

Three Simple things to remember.

The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first hard work, second stick-to-it-ness, and third, common sense." Thomas Edison
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Don't know when our Sister Friends, Cara, Rhonda & Denise are coming back home, but if your already home I want you all to know you have been missed, and we are all very proud of you.
Hope everyone had a great weekend, if not great, I at least hope it was a good weekend. Today's quote comes courtesy of our Lisa B. and I love it. You have to admit Thomas Edison could have been working for Weight Watchers by the sound of his quote.
Whether we are dealing with our weight, or some other ''thing'' that we need to see to the end, we have to apply the three things that Mr. Edison has mentioned. So today we are going to use his quote and break the three down, for our weight loss journey.
First we have hard work. I have to wonder if the day we signed up for Weight Watchers we knew just how hard this was going to be. Myself, I just figured "I'll do this for awhile, then stop and continue on with my old habits and ways." I think how hard we work depends on how successful we are going to be. Also finding all those excused for not doing the plan like it is written can be hard work as well.
Second, stick-to-it-ness. I've been at this in October four years, and even though I have had a lot of ups and downs, I have stuck with it, and not only have I stuck with it, but I have plenty of Sister Weight Watcher Friends here that have been right by my side all these years. You could say we were ''joined at the hip".
Common Sense. Bob is always telling me, ''common sense is the most un-common thing there is." We won't let him know, but he is right about that. Common sense with our weight loss journey comes in many different ways. It could be having enough common sense to know now that you are nearing 60 years old your not suppose to weight what you did when you were 20. Common sense is knowing that ''yes, I can go out and eat at a restaurant and not blow everything I've worked for, but I can't do it by eating everything that is on the left side of the menu." Common Sense is also telling others ''NO." I think all in all people mean well, but sometimes we have to watch due to they are so many food pushers out there, and trust me ''we are very weak at times".
I know that Weight Watchers was not around during Thomas Edison's time, but I just about bet someone was watching and fretting about their weight anyway.
This week I challenge you to put these three things HARD WORK, STICK-TO-IT-NESS & COMMON SENSE into you daily life, and let's just see what the outcome will be. You may well be surprised.
Wishing Everyone a great day, and a great week.
Much Love,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment