Sunday, July 12, 2009

New Beginnings.

We can overcome anything in life as long as we stop looking back and look forward to all the new beginnings that are heading our way.
Renee Scalfani
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Hope everyone's weekend is going well so far. Today officially begins our new week and let's not forget about our vegetable challenge for this month. Have you ever noticed that we never get an ''ice cream challenge". Just kidding.
How often do we stand or sit and ponder on the past. As we all know there is not one thing we can do about anything that happened yesterday. This has taken me such a long time to come to terms with, and whatever I may or may not have done yesterday I can't change any of that. However, I can begin brand new today. Isn't it great that we have today.
I remember, and this has really not been all that long ago, but I would always say, ''come Monday I'll get back on track and I will do better, I will track, I will weigh and measure my food, I will bring home my groceries and put the crackers in the individual bags, not eating any as I count out each cracker. I will stay out of Bob's Russell Stover's. It took me a really long time for my "Monday" to get here. But, it finally got here. Maybe I just needed all those Monday's to prepare me for where I am today. I look in the mirror and I know it is me, due to it's my voice, it's my eye's that are looking back, but it sure is not my old body that is reflected, nor is it my old attitude. I have a brand new attitude about so many things.
I know, I keep hounding on being accountable, not trying too fool ourselves into believing ''I am doing everything possible and the weight just won't come off." I have to say I loved Jennifer D's. attitude yesterday. Jennifer had been on vacation for two weeks, and she knew she was going to have a gain, and yet she was thrilled, due to if she ''had let herself go like we normally do when we are on vacations, it could have been so much worse." Jennifer made the comment, ''my husband will not understand my being happy about a gain." It's true, people don't understand how we could be happy about a gain, but we that have struggled so often going on vacation and coming home with a 5-7 pound weight gain, then we all understand all too well. So Jennifer, I am so proud of you. You were on vacation, but you were still being accountable, doing things a bit different than maybe you had in the past where your eating was concerned. Way to go Sister Girlfriend.
Everything in our lives revolve around the past, present & the future. The past is just that, the past, we need to be in the present, the here and now, being prepared for today. It is fine to look into the future, but remember today is the new beginning.
Now eat those vegetables this week.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day,
Much love to all,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment