Friday, July 17, 2009

A Well fought Battle.

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
Margaret Thatcher
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Tomorrow will be our Jana's birthday, and she won't be with us tomorrow, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANA.
How has your week been? Front row Becky, how are things going with you? Were the quick low point suggestions left by Dana any help for you? Cara, you have the Traveling Tracker this week, how has that been going? I know way too early for so many questions.
Tomorrow, unless for some strange reason I go above my goal weight, I will officially become a Lifetime Member. I said after I joined Weight Watchers, ''this time I'll get it right." I have had the bumps in the road, I've had roadblocks throw up in front of me, and most of the time those were put there by myself. It has taken me a long time, but like the quote says, 'you may have to fight a battle more than once to win it". I have fought this battle of my weight my entire life, and the battle, just because I will be a Lifetime Member is still not over. I know I will always be just one bite away from eating my way right back up to 300 plus pounds. I could sit and wring my hands over that, but I had rather take what I have learned ,and continue to learn and actually live my life. A life that is so very new to me.
Unless you have been as overweight as I have been, then you cannot fully understand this feeling. It is just so very strange to walk into a room now and not be the biggest person there, it is so strange to walk without my thighs rubbing together, oh, and there is actual daylight between those thighs now. I know probably way too much info for this time of morning, but its true.
I could have never done this without the support from all of you, and tomorrow we will celebrate. As much as I love you all, and call you all my ''Sisters". I had to have someone else to be there tomorrow, someone that has known and seen my struggles throughout my life. Way back when I knew ''one day I will be at my goal", my thought was to have Bob to be there. That can't be possible now with his back, even though I know if I asked he would come tomorrow, but Bob has only known me for about 20 years, and part of that was only the good side of me. There was only one person I could think of that knows all about my demons and the life I had by being so overweight. Rhonda, Cara & Lisa, we may have to move to a different area for a 3 rd. row due to, tomorrow morning I will be bringing my baby Sister Ruthann with me. I called her yesterday and asked her to come up to be here for this, the biggest thing I have ever accomplished in my life. So tomorrow you all will get to meet my sister. Ruthann & I favor, but we are so not alike. Ruthann is very nice and quite, and well, you all know me, ha ha.
Be strong today, track, drink that water, and exercise.
Wishing Everyone a Wonderful Day.
See U All LIGHTER,
Much Love,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment