Wednesday, July 22, 2009

TIME.

Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in your way of doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.
Earl Nightingale
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
I want to begin today by wishing our Randy a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! Hope it is just the best birthday ever. Be very grateful that Bob and I do not have your phone number due to we would be calling and singing to you, and at times it is really not very pretty at all. Just ask Sally, Jenny, Ruthann & Nancy. ha ha. However, it will wake you up. :>)
Tomorrow our Sister Friends, Rhonda, Cara & Denise and a couple more ladies that we don't know will be heading to Boston for a ''little walk-about". Good luck Sister's and know we are all here keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Rhonda was good enough to e-mail me the route they will be walking, I have printed that out, and will be bringing those on Saturday so we can have a visual of their walk. GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you had not been coming and doing Weight Watchers all this time, what would you have been doing? For me I would have continued on the road to self destruction. Continuing to eat and not exercise, continue to have joint pains, continue to have shortness of breath. If I had not joined Weight Watchers and gotten to know all of you and others that are not even on our daily e-mail list. I am quite sure by now I would be well over 400 pounds.
For a while, when I would tell people how much weight I have lost, I felt a little ashamed when they would ask, ''how long did it take you?" Long time, that is for sure. However, on the flip side of that it is still going to be longer especially since I want to stay at goal, since I don't want to go back to my old habits. I think too many times we throw in the towel looking for the ''quick fix", the easy way if you will. I think this is why people have the stomach by-pass surgery, they feel as if, ''this will be the best way for me to lose the weight FAST". A lot of times the weight comes right back due to they still have not learned how to do portion control, or they continue to eat the wrong stuff, and they feel so bad they can't or won't get out and exercise. I used to look for the quick fix as well, wanting to wake up the next morning slim and trim. Now put that in pill form and you have me.
As all of us travel this road for weight loss and better health, we know its not an overnight thing, we also know, whether we admit it or not, that just because the scale show us the magic number we want to see, its still not over. When you get to your goal that is when the hard work really begins.
So if you had not been coming and doing Weight Watchers all this time, ask yourself, ''what would I have been doing?" The answer may well surprise you.
Wishing Everyone a wonderful day,
Much Love,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment