Thursday, July 23, 2009

How many tries are you on??

Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.
James A. Michener
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Have you ever just throw up your hands and said, ''I QUIT!!!'', Nothing is ever going to change, I can't control my eating, I can't make time to get my exercise in, I can't, I can't, I can't. Okay, I'm pretty sure if the most of us have not felt like that at sometime or other, then you must be up for Sainthood.
I bring this up only cause I was feeling a little like that on Tuesday. Yeah, I know, ''but Joan, this is just your first full week of being a true blue Weight Watchers Lifetime Member". I can tell you all that I pretty much know what happened. Way too much excitement for me on Saturday. Don't get me wrong would not have missed that for the world, and with Ruthann & Sally both being in town, and with my feeling Holier than Thou, figured we could celebrate. No, we didn't go bar hopping, get drunk anything like that, BUT, we did order pizza. The last time I had delivery pizza was back in early May before I left for Oregon. Kevin and Leslie brought it our for Sunday dinner, and I ate only 1 slice. That didn't bother me, but the pizza we had on Saturday night, triggered the cravings in me. On Sunday I was fine, Sally went back to Wisconsin, and Ruthann went back to Beaver Dam. On Monday I got up and went to the gym just like always, but after I got home I could not seem to get full. I was that way both Monday and Tuesday, and by Tuesday evening I was thinking, ''oh no, I am falling right back into my old habits". Happy to report that yesterday was a much better day, and I have learned, yet again, something's are always going to trigger me.
I may have a gain come Saturday, and if I do, I won't have to stand there and ask why. I should add I have dipped into my 35 bonus points, and I still have some of those leftover this week, but I don't even like dipping into those, even though I know I can. It's all a head game. I know I am not cured from being overweight, and I know I never will be, but I just wanted to tell you all about my mishap over the weekend. I honestly never thought about the pizza kicking in those cravings, but this time I did eat more than one slice. Also, I enjoyed it.
Wishing Everyone a great day, and our Sister Friends, that are headed for Boston a safe trip.
Much Love,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment