Monday, July 13, 2009

Get started and then stick like glue.

The first part of success is Get-to-it-iveness; the second part of success is Stick-to-it-iveness.
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Our front row Becky should be back from vacation today. Becky hope you had a wonderful time with your sister, you were missed.
Let us all keep the prayers going for Sharilyn's Mother. From what Sharilyn last wrote, her Mother's fall was not as bad as it could have been.
What kind of new or different vegetable did you all try over the weekend? Today, I am doing artichokes, only time I've ever had those was my visit to my TISSter's in Oregon. It takes a long time to eat an artichoke.
I really like this mornings quote, and it so very true. We have to have the "Get To" for getting started, then we have to develop the ''Stick To" for being able to hang in there until we are successful at whatever we are after.
With our weight loss journey, we have to have the ''Stick-to-it-iveness" to be like crazy glue. When you are at your goal, there will be times you feel as if your like the man on the commercial that has his hard hat glued to the beam and he's holding on for dear life, so as not to fall. I've been around long enough and know enough lifetime members to know that staying at your goal weight is much harder work than losing all the weight to get to goal. However, each month I sit and listen as Toni gives out those Lifetime stars, and Toni is giving out several of those to the Lifetimes, so I know it can be done. They are proving the ''stick to it" part. Sure at times they may stumble a bit, but they come roaring right back.
I am on my last week of maintenance. As I have mentioned before "I have been blessed to have a wonderful, successful group of Sister Lifetime Member in front of me." I have been able to learn from them, knowing first hand, that maintenance was going to be much harder than the actual weight loss. I have also learned that I cannot over think my maintenance, all that does is make things harder than they need to be. It has been a very interesting journey, one that is far from being over, and I can see yet another milestone for me not far on the horizon.
Today, get up get started, and stick to it until you get the results you want. It won't happen over night, but it will happen.
Wishing Everyone a wonderful Monday,
Much Love to all,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment