Thursday, July 30, 2009

We are given what we need.

When you feel like giving up remember why you held on so long in the first place.
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Don't know how many of you ever go to the Weight Watchers website and just cruse around, I found this recipe yesterday for peach chutney, had it with some pork roast last night, all I can say is, ''super yummo". If you have not cruised the recipes on the Weight Watchers site, and your bored with your eating, then its time to venture out of the box.
Commercial time here. Hungry Girl sent out a thing yesterday and you can get a dollar off coupon on the Fiber One yogurt. You can print out as many as two of those coupons, so take advantage of those.
How many of you by the time Thursday gets here your pretty much tried and you begin to think, I don't want to go to the gym, I don't want to have to go walking today. Well for me it begins on Wednesday, by Wednesday morning I am pretty well getting worn down, but I get up and go anyway due to if I give up, we all know what is going to happen. Yesterday was no different for me, I'm on the elliptical, I've gotten in about 20 minutes, sweating like a pig, not glowing like Southern women are suppose to, I am sweating, and I am thinking, ''I'm stopping at 30 minutes". I had the counter set for 50 minutes, but I was tired, and "I'm stopping at 30 minutes". Then it happens, I look up and in walks the man. The man on crutches. I have told you all about him before, I don't know his name, he does not come to the gym regularly, but it seems when I want to cut my workout short, this man on crutches and having on one leg walks in. So of course now I can't cut my workout short, I just look up to the Heavens' and say, ''OK, I get the message", and continue on, huffing, puffing and sweating off those pounds.
I am pretty sure we have all been in that place that we just want to throw in the towel and give up. Myself and some of my other Weight Watcher Sisters have said, ''as a rule before now I would have already stopped coming to Weight Watchers." We realize that what has kept us coming was the anchors we have there with our other sisters. I guess you could say we are each others one legged man on crutches. Every time this happens to me, I come home and tell Bob ''the man with the one leg was at the gym this morning". For me it is a reminder "I have two legs that work, I have two arms that work, I have no excuses to not get up and get moving, and to finish what I began."
We will all struggle from time to time. We will all have those weeks were we lose, then we will have those weeks that we gain. However, the big picture is this, ''you don't give up, you remember why you begun this journey in the first place."
Wishing Everyone a Great Day,
Much Love,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment