Saturday, July 4, 2009

Habits

First we form habits, then they form us. Conquer your bad habits or they will conquer you.
Ron Gilbert
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY. Remember our troops today, those that are still fighting for us, and those that have already given their lives for us.
No meeting to get up and get to this morning, but here I set up before the birds have even began to chirp and several things are running through my minds as I allow the caffeine from my coffee run through my brain cells.
Habits, we all have them, some of them are really good habits and some are not so good habits we let go of for just a little while and then we are right back to them while all the time forgetting that we ever put a good habit in the bad habits place to begin with. We go alone telling ourselves, ''this will be the morning I get up, put those walking/running/whatever shoes on and I won't stop until I have walked 30 minutes." Well, we get up with good intentions, but then the telephone rings, well of course we cannot tell this person we were headed out for a walk...what on earth would they think...we cannot say, ''call me on my cell, if we have a cell phone, that probably wouldn't be right either". We don't want to be rude, so we chat on the telephone, we chat about the weather, we chat about all the Hollywood stars that have died in the past few weeks, we complain about our neighbors, (that one is mine by the way). Then we get off the phone, we take our walking/running/whatever shoes off and say, ''well I did have good intentions". Now we can go set our butts on the sofa now and open that box of truffles or get a five pound package of grapes cause grapes are a health food, its just the 5 pound part that is tricky, we lay on the couch or even set at the computer consuming our desired whatever, and at the end of the day, our whole day has been one without any activity and we say, ''I was going to go for a walk, BUT, I just ran out of time."
That is our habit. We start activity and our eating plan with vim and vigor, and after a very short time we fall right back into the trap of making excuses. Same way with our weight loss journey. I have heard and I had said this many times myself in the past, ''I don't think I will ever get to my goal." Think about this, what is the reason your not getting closer to your goal, you maybe exercising everyday, but are you still eating like a lumberjack? You may be having way too many treats, remember a serving of ice cream is 1/2 cup, are you really getting that 1/2 measuring cup out, and if you are, how hard are you packing that ice cream in there and how many times are you filling that cup? Maybe it is YOU telling yourself you are not worth the effort. Maybe your going to start tomorrow, or on Monday when the holiday weekend is over. Question, which Monday are we talking about? For me it was the Monday in the year 2009, I finally got started.
No one said this was going to be easy, and if they did guess what, they lied. There are no magic pills, to help us on this journey, all we have is each other holding us up when we are about to free fall into our pity pots. Yes, ladies if you are one that is constantly sabotaging yourself, then listen up, the time is here to PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!
I can almost guarantee that every single one of you that is reading this have something you think is standing in your way, but you know what, ''it is just ourselves, standing in our way." So move over, get out of your own way, things are going to happen, whether its work, home life, someone else's problems, things are going to happen, but just remember the only things you have complete control over is what and how much food and drink and what kind of food and drink you put in your mouth and how much exercise you get. There are going to be roadblocks, chose to either go around or over them, but don't just set there waiting for someone else to move those roadblocks. We get to chose, which choice will you make?
Wishing Everyone a Great 4th of July
Hugs,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment