Thursday, July 16, 2009

To Fail or NOT TO FAIL!!!!!!!!!

You maybe disappointed if you fail, BUT you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
On the home front, as of last night, the van has a new battery, so I'll be hitting the gym in a bit, and the washing machine has a new pump. So all things that were going wrong have been fixed.
Failure. The only time you can actually call yourself a failure is when you completely throw your hands up in the air, pull in at the Dairy Queen and tell them to "bring Blizzards, until I pass out." Now that is, in my opinion, true failure.
I think we do get to places that we are spinning our wheels, and I know there are some of us that tend to do that, and it seems as if we are going around in circles, and not getting anywhere. But, we continue to come to our Saturday morning meeting, due to we keep hoping and praying that maybe something will be said that will open my eyes.
But then again, are we coming to the meeting to get our eyes open or are we showing up just for appearance sake. No one can answer that question except for ourselves, and we may or may not like the answer we come up with.
For a long time, and I know this will not come as a shocker to anyone, but I would sit in my third row chair, and while the meeting was going on, I was thinking of what goodies I was going to stop in at the store/bakery wherever cause it was Saturday, and I had a whole week before I had to weigh in again. It didn't matter if I had a gain or loss for the week.
As I have told you all before "when I would indulge on Saturday and or Sunday would not stop, it ended up going on at least until Thursday or Friday of the next week."
I was ready to stop going to Weight Watchers all together around Christmas time. I mean come on, I was heading into my 5th years and for at least 3 of those years I had really not done much of anything except, keep my seat on the third row warm, have paper towels for anyone that spilled their coffee, oh I always saved the chairs for my other 3rd row Sister's and for Lisa B. who sits in front of me. But, I was not following the Weight Watchers plan, I was doing "Joan's Plan", well we all know just how well that was working.
I had no one to put the blame on but myself, and I have to be honest here, I hated like the devil to have to actually face up to what I was doing, but I did, and Saturday I am going to be known as ''Joan the new Lifetime Member!!!" All because I never stopped trying.
If you are struggling to get where you want to be, stop and think ''what can I do to make this work?" There is always going to be something or someone in our lives that whether intentionally or accidentally will try to throw us off track and into the container of Ben & Jerry. But, stop and ask yourself, ''will consuming the stuff we know we have no control over, make the problem any better or make the problem go away?" Now if your honest, you know its not going to do one thing except make you feel that much worse, and then you head for Russell Stover's. BTW, since I have given up those two products, I think their profits have gone down. ha
We may stumble, we may even fall, but one thing is for sure WE DO NOT QUIT UNTIL THE JOB IS DONE!!!!!!!!!
Wishing Everyone a wonderful day,
Much Love to all,
Joan

1 comment:

  1. Love your posts so much, Joan! They always motivate me for the rest of the day!

    Congrats on being "Joan, The Lifetime Member"!

    ReplyDelete