Wednesday, July 29, 2009

No Secret.

A champion is someone who get ups even when he can't.
Jack Dempsey
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Since the beginning of the year and since I have met my goal weight, there is hardly a week that goes by that someone does not ask me, ''why now?" You had been trying for so long, what happened in January to get you on fire? I could only say "I don't know". I think maybe it was several things, not just one thing, but I have been giving it a lot of thought. Not that I need to know, due to I'm just happy that ''I finally got it." Then I saw the above quote, and thought, ''there you go, you got tired of being knocked down.
There are a couple of groups I have on-line, and each week since January when I would post my progress, there were congrats, applauds and such, but then when I reached my goal, and then became a full fledged lifetime member, the question I've been asked is, ''What is your secret?" It seems no one wants to believe there was no secret. So many are still looking for that easy way. As we all know there is no easy way. I don't care how hard, when we went to bed last night, asking in our prayers, ''Lord, when I wake up let me weight 50 pounds less". It just never works like that, now don't get me wrong, I've prayed that prayer many times myself.
So I finally come up with the secret to my finally getting to goal. It was nothing but going back to the basics. That was it, nothing more. Taking all the things I have read out of our books , learned and heard at our meetings, looking back at the notes I take each week, digging out the measuring cups, spoons & scale. I stopped the mindless eating, but have to confess right here and now, I'm afraid that may be creeping back in, I really need to work on that even more. I became more and more accountable to what was going on, I began to put the blame, if you will, for my bad habits on the person that was actually at fault, and that was me.
Now most of you already know this, due to you are at goal and have been able to maintain that goal, but for those of you that are still working toward that goal. There maybe just one more secret............
Just keep getting up....
Wishing Everyone a Wonderful Day,
Much Love,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment