Friday, July 10, 2009

Temptations....and I don't mean the singing group.

Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell.
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F., (Weight Watchers Friends Forever)
First off I want to give a shout out and welcome to a new addition to our e-mail group. It is our own Jana's Mother and she is another Jennifer, so I have had to name her Jennifer L. to make sure I get all the Jennifer's listed. Welcome Jennifer, and please feel free to chime in and share at anytime. Better behave now Jana, your Mom is here. :>)
Temptation. As I watched Bob since Wednesday eating one piece of his Godvia candy that Rhonda brought him. I for the life of me have not been able to understand how that stuff just does not keep calling his name until by Wednesday afternoon the entire box would have been gone.
Temptation is all around us. We can't walk the Mall what we can smell the Cinnamon Bun place way before we get there. On my walks of the Mall, I have to pass the Godiva candy place. In the beginning I was tempted to just break out that window and see how much candy I could eat before the Security Guards showed up. Good news there, now I don't even pay any attention to the candy store.
What can we do about temptations? Some we just know not to be foolish enough to have them in the house, other things we have to work really hard each and everyday to use the words NO, NO THANK YOU, or I'M ALLERGIC.
For me I am so addicted to what I call the bad stuff, and it is the bad stuff for me. Its true there is nothing at all we cannot enjoy doing the Weight Watchers plan, but we do have to plan, we do need to use moderation in those choices of treats. For me the bad stuff, treats, if you will I have no control. I am exactly like a drug addict, a little bit will not do, I need a lot, and then the next day I need more. So the only way I could be a success at this was, to come to terms that, ''there are something's, I am never, ever going to be able to have". At first it was sad to have to think like that, but gave myself a test a few weeks back, and guess what, ''I am still not cured". Thought I could eat the Vita Top muffins in moderation, and I guess the moderation was, at least I did unwrap them. Good news is even though I bought two boxes, I only ate one entire box, and gave the other one away.
Yes, temptation leans on my doorbell a lot, and I bet at times the same thing happens with you all, so I say we learn to disconnect that doorbell, so we can hear opportunity knocking. When temptation is ringing your doorbell, put those walking/running shoes on and go for a walk, if you don't want to do that, then by all means call someone. There are ways to control this, but you have to think first.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day. See most of you all hopefully, ''LIGHTER'' tomorrow.
Much Love to all,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment