Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday

Choose well. Your choice is brief, and yet endless.
Goethe
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Cara, Denise & Rhonda, WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!! I want to tell you all about a movie that Bob and I watched yesterday. I think at one time it was on the Lifetime channel. The name of the movie, ''LIVING PROOF". It is based on a true story and stars Harry Connick, JR. (Harry plays the doctor). The story is about a Dr. Dennis Slamon and his help in developing an experimental drug called Herceptin used in fighting breast cancer. Great movie, real tear jerker, so make sure you have a box of tissues.
Today I have a story to tell you all. It is about my TISSter (Nancy) in Oregon. For those of you that don't know the meaning of TISSter (for me & Nancy)it is we are as close as two ''sister's " could be, but we are not blood related. Anyway, Nancy has this hernia in her belly that is huge. It was quite large when I was out there two years ago, but when I saw her this year I was totally blown away it had gotten so much bigger. This happened when Nancy had one of her many surgeries, and it could not be repaired quickly due to she was ''surgeried out". She just could not go under again for quite sometime. So Nance had weight gain, oh and Nancy is in her 60's, her doctor's had told her she would have to lose weight. Nancy was also at that time a diabetic, but my TISSter has now lost 35 pounds and is no longer considered a diabetic, and she is scheduled for her hernia surgery August 8th. Now I want you all to please keep her in your prayers, cause we all know prayer works.
Nancy lost her weight on a plan that works for her. Nancy, due to this hernia pulling down on her and giving her back tons of problems, was not able to keep up much of a exercise regiment. Doing her daily chores was enough of a workout for her. BUT, Nancy had made a choice, first to lose the weight, then to get the hernia repaired. It has been a long fight, and her surgery will not be as easy for her as it was for my Mom when she had to have one done that was in the same place as Nancy's many years ago. I know my TISSter is going to be fine, and by the next time I get to go visit again, she will be feeling so great I won't even be able to keep up with her. I just want you all to know this, and I know you already know this, but sometimes we have to be reminded.
We choose our paths in life. I think the outcome determines just how hard we are willing to work.
We can either sit and wring our hands and say ''poor me, what will I do", or we can work to make things better.
I just wanted to share with you all what my dear friend & TISSter has coming up, and just how proud of her I am that she has not only lost 35 pounds, but no longer is considered a diabetic. WAY TO GO TISS!!!!!!!!!!
Wishing Everyone a Wonderful day,
Much Love,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment