Sunday, July 19, 2009

Some Stuggles. Some Defeats, Final outcome SUCCESS.

Success is sweet and sweeter if long delayed and gotten through many struggles and defeats.
Amos Alkott
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F., (Weight Watcher Friends Forever)
Have some back-up work to do here this morning and some of it will be repeating myself from yesterday, but that is okay as well.
We want to give Barbara a welcome to our group as well as my sister Ruthann will now be getting our daily e-mails. Welcome and just remember nothing I write here is from anyone but me, so feel free to chime in at anytime. Barbara, yesterday when I put your e-mail address in, I was still ''high'' from all the excitement and left out a letter. I think I now have that corrected. Sorry about that, but as everyone knows ''it was all about me yesterday" :>).
Even with all that was going on yesterday I still missed Jana, who I know is in North Carolina, I don't remember seeing Angie, Christiane, or Sharon. I know Betty is no doubt still entertaining guest or she's ''on the road again". So all of you that were missing yesterday, just know that I was having a wild, wonderful morning, BUT, I did notice you were not there. Of course if you were there and I overlooked you, sorry about that as well, but I had ''stars'' in my eyes, ha ha.
Today's e-mail is more about catching up than anything, but look out for tomorrow's, I'll be back down to business. I keep thinking of all the wonderful sister's I have here at our Weight Watchers, and you all, like Ruthann & Sally have been right there watching me struggle to get where I am today. I may still have things that I will do in my life that are called accomplishments, but to be quite honest, they will have to be pretty darn great to stack up to yesterday's accomplishment.
I have for almost 5 years now, gone to meetings, watched other people get to their goals, watched people come and go. Some return, then there are some we never see again. Don't worry you all are going to be seeing me every single week, cause I plan on being at goal for the rest of my life. I remember not long ago someone that is a lifetime member asking the question, ''what goal do we set after we get to our goal?" Then she added, ''I don't know what I'm suppose to do, I'm at goal, but what is there to work toward now?" I can see now where she was coming from, but I have already set myself another goal, and that goal is ''to still be at my goal a year from now". Oh I still have my goal of losing a total of 100 pounds on Weight Watchers, and as of yesterday I only need to drop 8/10th of a pound to be there.
Things I know I have to do, to be able to be successful at this new goal.
I am going to have to exercise everyday.
Weighing and measuring my food is a must.
Portion control
Meetings, and asking for help way before I get
into trouble.
Never allowing myself to get comfortable, and
begin to think, "I'm cured, I have all the answers".
I am sure there are many other things I can and will come up with, and I have to admit, I am still pinching myself waiting to wake up, but you know what? It is not a dream this is reality, I have done something that not only myself, but I'm sure many that have been there since my beginning never thought I would be able to do. Just goes to show you, the above quote does ring true.
I told you all a long time ago, I will never tell you, ''If I can do this, anyone can". It's not true, the only way you can do this is to have that burning desire to make a lifetime change. I know you can do it, and I do know you/me/we are all worth the effort.
Wishing Everyone a wonderful day,
Much Love & Thanks Again for all your love and support,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment